Teaching Jobs in Thailand
With English language being applauded as a global language today, there has been a rapid increase in the demand for English language skills in all sectors, which has led to an increased need for trained ESL / EFL teachers. This demand for trained ESL/EFL teachers increases the scope of English Teaching jobs in Thailand in the field of teaching English ranging from primary schools to corporate sectors.
The TESOL Certificate Course in Thailand is acclaimed as the perfect teacher training program for the English teachers. The 120-hour onsite TESOL Certification program conducted by Asian College of Teachers (ACT) provides you with:
- The fundamentals of teaching English to non-native English Speakers
- The perfect blend of theory and practice
- The requisite skills and methodologies required to be an efficient ESL teacher
- The credentials to earn a job at Kindergarten, public school, universities, corporate houses, language schools, volunteer work and teaching English to private individual learners
- An entirely new world of opportunities for its candidates successfully completing the program
Equipped with the ACT certification and a Bachelor’s or High School Degree, you’ll be able to meet the standard requirements for teaching English abroad, and hence, will also be able to teach virtually anywhere in the world.
Some of the most attractive teaching locations currently include:
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Eastern and Western Europe
- The Middle East
But are certainly not limited to these places. Asian College of Teachers provides an internationally recognized TEFL certificate, which is fast becoming a prerequisite for an English Teaching job anywhere in the world.
So, here’s what you need to know before applying for ESL jobs in Thailand:
- The working hours in Thailand vary between 15 - 30 hours per week with a pay at around 230 - 530 USD a week for fresh graduates holding and TESOL/TEFL Certificate depending upon schools.
- The basic salary of an ESL/EFL teacher averages about 12,000 - 20,000 USD annually.
- Generally, a health care plan or other benefits are included during the teaching tenure depending upon the schools or organizations.
- Payment is usually figured on an hourly basis.
- Accommodation is provided by some schools or in case the employers do not provide that, then home-stay, privately rented room or dormitory, on shared basis or single occupancy, can be various options of staying.
- The cost of living is usually nominal depending upon different locations.
- Initially, if your employer does not provide accommodation, finding a house without any assistance might be a little difficult task, so in that case, you may ask for help or seek for initial accommodation to be provided at the start of the work.
Apart from teaching jobs, ACT's TESOL Course offers lucrative job prospects in corporate fields as well. Banking or Computing English as a freelancer in various organizations, manifold business-oriented jobs and various other metropolitan centres offer good platforms for high-paid white-collar jobs in the private sector. The certification also provides you the opportunity to experience all of this with the added advantage of teaching abroad, immersing and assimilating cultures, languages and societies vastly different from your own. Teaching ESL/EFL can mean much more than spending a gap year abroad and teachers with good qualifications and experience can build a rewarding and diverse career for themselves.
One can gain the unparalleled opportunity to further his/her career goals when placed in-
- Language Schools
- Corporate Training
- Public Relations Companies
- Voice and Accent trainers
- Soft Skill trainers.
Whether you are planning to teach long term or on a contractual basis or just want to have the option for job placement anytime in the future, ESL / EFL jobs in Thailand help you get a lifetime support.
The TESOL Certification Course in Thailand that is designed by Asian College of Teachers, offer unique opportunities of learning, absorbing unique cultural experience of the Orient while interacting with the local people across different nations, overcoming the teaching challenges and at the same time pampering the traveller within you.